Comcast BVE - Voicemail Support
Set up voicemail on your Polycom VVX HD phone
This article will cover how to set up your voicemail for the first time from your Polycom VVX HD phone.
Set up voicemail
- Press Voicemail Message or Voicemail on your phone.
- Note: Activate My Account to access voicemail management features online. If you do not have your voicemail passcode, please contact your Primary or Services Manager.
- Enter your default voicemail passcode and press #.
- Enter your new passcode and press #. Confirm your new passcode and press #.
- Record your first and last name, then press #.
- Press 1 to access the Voice Messaging main menu.
- Follow the prompts to retrieve voicemail messages and record your greetings.
Change existing voicemail greetings
To change your existing voicemail greeting, first press 1 to access your Voicemail box, and then select the option below to select either a busy greeting, no answer greeting, or extended away greeting.
- Press 2 to change to a busy greeting.
- Note: A busy greeting will be offered only when enabled. Callers will hear this greeting when your phone line is busy. Busy greeting length must be two minutes or less. Accepted file formats are MP3 and WAV.
- Press 3 to change to a no answer greeting.
- Note: Callers will hear this greeting when you are unable to answer the phone. Greeting length must be two minutes or less. Accepted file formats are MP3 and WAV.
- Press 4 to change to an extended away greeting.
- Note: Extended away will be offered only when enabled and is used for time periods that the customer will not be able to answer (e.g., vacations, Leaves of absence, etc.). Extended away greeting length must be two minutes or less. Accepted file formats are MP3 and WAV.
Access a message
A red Message Waiting Indicator light notifies you when you have a new voicemail.
- Pick up the phone handset, then press Voicemail Message or Voicemail.
- Enter your voicemail passcode and press #.
- Follow the voice prompts to retrieve your voicemail messages.